Friday, February 3, 2012

A new life

So, its my second day on the job here in Texas. I'm already in love with these children, and I'm counting my blessings to have landed this position with this family. Even when I have both children, I'll always have help at bedtime, be it from the dad, Daniel, the cousin, Francis, or Daniel's mother who lives nearby, Susan.

There is a good spirit here. Even if these people don't share all of my values. The most difficult part is how they are all completely fine with premarital sex... that's a bit awkward for me...

My favorite thing that's happening right now is that, even after the mini fallout the guy I like seems to really be trying to make things work again. We carried on a hefty conversation last night and I had to cut him short because I had to wake up so early...

It makes me hopeful that he might be ready to let me into his life for real this time. Without the official boyfriend/girlfriend title.

I wouldn't mind that. Even if some would consider it to be baby steps.

Because if he's not deployed, he's still planning on coming to see me. Twice. Yes, he is.

I keep telling Theresa about him, calling him my kinda boyfriend-friend. She said flat out, "If he's already planned two trips, I don't think you have to guess if he's your boyfriend or not. It's obvious he is."

Yeah, that's what I'd like to think... but I'm afraid of getting my hopes up too much... especially because the "main reason" why he's coming is for paintball tournaments... but he'd be interested in seeing me, too... why in Houston and San Antonio? They're the closest to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment