Monday, December 26, 2011

Farewell

I'm sick of you hurting me.  I'm sick of you leading me on.  For my health's sake, I'm getting out.

I'm sick of trying to be what you want me to be, when I'm a good person as I am.  You just won't give me a chance to show you that.

There are a lot of mean things that have gone through my mind since your most recent attempts at hurting me.  However, all I have to say is this:  I wish nothing but the best for you.  I'm sorry I wasn't good enough for you, but I can't keep coming back to you.

I know at one point, rather recently, I told you that I didn't want to ever walk out of your life, whether by force or by choice.  Well, you aren't giving me much of a choice now, are you?  You have chosen to walk out of my life, again, and your friends obviously know what you should do better than you know yourself.  And I'm not going to fight it any longer.

You've walked out on me three times now.  That's three times I've been the one that's stayed and watched you go.  But this time, since you've left, I don't see a reason to stay here, waiting in hopes that you'll return.  No, I'm already gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment